Thursday, January 22, 2009

American Library Association Midwinter Conference

Watch out Denver here I come! This afternoon I head off to the American Library Association Midwinter Conference. It was a tough decision to make but I am hoping it is worth it. Due to the economic downturn (and mostly due to dropping property values) the county has cut our budget. One of the things that got cut was my funding to go to Midwinter. So I am having to go on my own dime but I think that will motivate me to make the most of it.

I am a little nervous about meeting tons of new people but I am looking forward to the challenge. Actually, the hardest challenge will be getting home Monday night and then leaving Tuesday after work to go vacation with the parents in Pagosa! Less than 24 hours to get home, unpack, repack and fly through Denver again! For all intents and purposes I will be out of the office for a week and half (although I am coming back for one day).

Well, wish me luck in Denver! I hope to meet lots of people, learn lots of cool stuff and enjoy myself!

No comments: